Cats and dogs..? Oh my, the floods!

Friday, June 15, 2007


As the old saying goes: "it's raining cats and dogs today!" Truly, I've never known weather like this! Here in Sheffield, we're usually protected from bad floods because our city is built on seven hills. Yet today, so very many roads are flooded, schools are closed and many many homes have been evacuated due to immense flooding.
The photo above was taken a few hours ago, and the rain has not stopped since. You really wouldn't believe that just last week we were all wading around in shorts complaining that it was too hot!

In a few moments, I need to collect my little man from school. I do hope I manage to battle the traffic and get there safely!
Edit: I think most people have finally got the message about the flooding: we went to school and back through hardly any traffic or floods whatsoever. I'm so relieved that my family are all safe after reading stories of the elderly whisked out of their homes and drivers stranded in giant "puddles" having to wade through rivers which were once roads. I do hope things clear up soon! If things are so bad here in Sheffield, then I dread to imagine how bad they must be on lower land areas of the country...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Nexus 5 Two Column One Line Description Avatar Logo Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.

Blogger Buster LogoSmashing Logo© Nexus 5 Two Column.